Our Client in Downtown Chicago, IL is looking for a Senior Accountant:
- Assist manager in preparation of management reports, and in preparation of quarterly and year-end financial and statutory reports.
- Reviewing and reconciling broker remittance statements. Preparation of cash disbursements in settlement of account balances. Cash application.
- Research of open cash items. Requires contacting the broker for statements and then reconciling them to open balances.
- Reviewing calculations on Profit Commissions, Sliding Scale Commission Adjustments, Premium Adjustments, Loss Corridors, Funds Held, and other Accounting entries.
- Responding to Management questions concerning the results and transactions in the assigned treaties.
- Following up with brokers and companies for missing accounts and unanswered questions.
– 3+ years experience in the insurance industry (property/casualty or brokerage)
– Strong reconciliation skills
– BS degree or equivilent experience
Casey Accounting & Finance Resources specializes in the placement of Accounting, Finance, Credit and Payroll professionals for direct placement, temporary services and Accounting and Finance consulting. Since 1975, Casey Accounting & Finance Resources has successfully partnered with companies of all sizes from start-up to Fortune 100. With our specialization of filling Accounting Jobs in Chicago IL and Finance Jobs in Chicago IL, the Casey team has established relationships with the highest caliber of professionals in the field. To apply to this position, please email your resume to email@example.com and include Job # and Position Title in subject line, or click link below.
|Job Category||Direct hire positions|