Our Client located in Chicago, IL is looking for a Senior Accountant:
Newly created position due to growth!
– 2+ years operational accounting experience in the insurance industry
– Strong Excel Skills
– BS degree in Accounting or Finance or equivilent experience
- Assisting unit manager in preparation of management reports, and in preparation of quarterly and year-end financial and statutory reports.
- Reviewing and reconciling broker remittance statements. Preparation of cash disbursements in settlement of account balances. Cash application.
- Research of open cash items. Requires contacting the broker for statements and then reconciling them to open balances.
- Reviewing calculations on Profit Commissions, Sliding Scale Commission Adjustments, Premium Adjustments, Loss Corridors, Funds Held, and other Accounting entries.
- Ensuring accurate and timely entry of assigned accounts into the reinsurance information system.
- Responding to Management questions concerning the results and transactions in the assigned treaties.
- Following up with brokers and companies for missing accounts and unanswered questions.
Casey Accounting & Finance Resources specializes in the placement of Accounting, Finance, Credit and Payroll professionals for direct placement, temporary services and Accounting and Finance consulting. Since 1975, Casey Accounting & Finance Resources has successfully partnered with companies of all sizes from start-up to Fortune 100. With our specialization of filling Accounting Jobs in Chicago IL and Finance Jobs in Chicago IL, the Casey team has established relationships with the highest caliber of professionals in the field. To apply to this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Job # and Position Title in subject line, or click link below.
|Job Category||Direct hire positions|